Don’t let the black beans fools you, you won’t taste them in this recipe.First time I had this I could not believe how delicious and chocolaty this was. Goes great with a cup of black coffee (which is a “free” food.)
• 15 3/2 ounces black beans
• 3 large eggs
• 3 tablespoons canola oil
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1 teaspoon espresso coffee*
• 1 1/2 ounces dark chocolate baking chips
• Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
• Using a blender or food processor, combine black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa, salt, vanilla, brown sugar, and espresso.
• Blend until smooth and pour into prepared baking dish. Gently fold in dark chocolate baking chips.
• Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the edges start to pull away from the pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
• Cool, then cut into 16 squares. Two squares per serving.
*Note: May be omitted for “original” black bean brownies.