Diabetic Friendly – Gluten Free
Cookies for Dessert? Why Not? Goes Great with that Coffee!
These Are Possibly the Best Cookies You Have Ever Had.
Serves: 12 (24 cookies, 2 per serving.)
- Non-stick vegetable cooking spray
- 1 ½ cups bittersweet chocolate chips, 60% cacao, divided
- 3 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 cup Splenda® Granulated Sweetener
- ½ cup Splenda® Sugar Blend
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C.) Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick spray. Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in glass bowl in microwave, stirring twice, about 2 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Using electric mixer, beat whites in large bowl to soft peaks. Gradually beat in 1 cup Splenda® Granulated Sweetener. Continue beating until mixture resembles soft marshmallow cream.
- Whisk ½ cup Splenda® Sugar Blend Sweetener, cocoa, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl to blend. On low speed, beat dry ingredients into meringue. Stir in lukewarm chocolate and 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dough will become very stiff).
- Roll 1 rounded tablespoon dough into ball. Be careful to not over portion.
- Place on prepared sheet. Repeat with remaining dough, spacing 2 inches apart. Bake until puffed and tops crack, about 8-10 minutes (don’t overbake!). Cool on sheets 10 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack.