Diabetic Friendly – Gluten Free
Moist Deluxe Version – Full of Flavor – and Good for You!
- ¼ pound carrots, finely grated
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ tsp orange zest
- 2 cups almond flour
- Granulated sweetener of your choice equivalent to 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 Tablespoons oil
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Sweetener equal to 1 tsp sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- Beat together eggs, yogurt, oil, vanilla and orange zest in large bowl.
- Combine flour, sweetener, baking powder and pumpkin spice in separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in carrots.
- Pour mixture into lightly greased8-inch cake pan and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- FROSTING: Combine butter, cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Spread on cake.