Diabetic Friendly – Gluten Free
Cool Refreshing Treat
- 4 gluten free chocolate wafers, divided*
- 1 package Jell-O® Pistachio Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Pudding
- 1 ½ cups cold fat free milk
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 cups thawed Cool Whip Lite®
- 1 square Baker’s® Semi-Sweet Chocolate, chopped.
* (I used Glutino® Gluten Free Milk Chocolate wafers for this recipe.)
- Spray 9” pie plate with non-stick vegetable cooking spray
- Crush two of the wafers and spread across bottom of pie plate
- Beat pudding mix, milk and peppermint extract with wire whisk for two minutes.
- Stir in Cool Whip Lite®, and chopped chocolate. Spread into pie plate.
- Top with remaining wafers, cut into quarters, for appearance. Place in Freezer. Freeze 6 hours or more. May be served frozen or thaw individual slices 20-25 minutes for a creamier texture.