- Gluten Free Rolled Oats 2 Cups
- Butter, softened 1/2 Cup
- Baking Soda 3/4 Teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 Teaspoon
- Ground Allspice 1/4 Teaspoon
- Plain Low-Fat Yogurt 6 Ounces
- Eggs, Lightly Beaten 2
- Splenda® Brown Sugar Blend 3/4 Cup
- Vanilla 1 Teaspoon
- Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour 2 1/4 Cups
- Sniped Dried Apricots 1/4 Cup
- Dired Currants 1/4 Cup
- Chopped Walnuts, Toasted 1/4 Cup
Diabetic Friendly – Gluten Free
Only 13 Grams of Carbs per Glorious Cookie!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spread oats in a shallow baking pan. Bake about 10 minutes or until toasted, stirring once; set aside. Lightly coat cookie sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar, baking soda, salt, and allspice; beat until combined. Beat in yogurt, egg, and vanilla. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Using a wooden spoon, stir in oats, apricots, currants, walnuts, and any remaining flour. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until edges and bottoms are browned. Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool. To store, place cookies in an airtight container; cover. Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Servings Per Recipe: 48
PER SERVING: 90 cal., 3 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 5 mg chol., 53 mg sodium, 13 g carb. (1 g fiber, 8 g sugars), 2 g pro.